View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Cobraman,
I thought some one would have grabbed this by now, but since they haven't and assuming you haven't changed it yet;
Put the new battery, passenger side-trunk. It will fit right into the 'pocket' like it was made for it. (Also acts as a counterweight for the driver.)

The trick is to run TWO cables all the way to the front. Never put them inside the frame rails! (After telling people not to do this I took pictures of the cables I had run for this site and damned if I didn't put them on the inside!)

Although tempting, DO NOT RUN A SHORT GROUND WIRE out of the trunk to the frame. Especially if you have a lot of electrical equipment, IE., brake lock out, Hi out put-voltage anything, coil, dist, MSD 6, and especially EFI anything since you are dealing with 1/10's of a volt!

Run your ground directly to the bell housing. Use flex cables on BOTH engine mounts to the frame, at the Bell housing also use a shorter cable and run this on to the frame.

Now you have fixed, before they start, intermittent starts, improper charging, accessory's quitting or fluctuating disparagingly! Windshield wipers stopping or acting sporadically. It's a FIBERGLASS CAR! Ground it right.