View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The AC factory color is Rouge Iris. Here's a note on what the owner of CSX 2258 did to restore the car to its original color:

"... Close inspection of 2258 verified its virtually untouched "survivor" condition with the exception of some needed maintenance to return it to road worth condition after its nearly 30 year nap. I went through every mechanical system and returned 2258 to health while retaining its incredible originality. Having been repainted in the mid-1980's, 2258 showed the effects of long term storage and I determined it deserved a proper repaint to bring it to show condition. With the help of Cobra restorer extraordinaire Mike McCluskey in California, an original paint Cobra in Rouge Iris was found to do a computer color match to make sure this tricky color would be absolutely correct and true to original. After much time and effort, even going to the extent of involving the PPG factory to custom match new paint to our original sample, 2258 was refinished with a flawless and correct coat of Rouge Iris, and treated to a comprehensive chassis, interior, and engine detailing."