View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

If you think you're going to get all that for $60K, including paint I assume, when you can't do things like trim and paint yourself, then you're dreaming if you think it might be a good Cobra.

based on your criteria I'd be buying a classic car and modifying it. Mustang, US muscle car etc. You can get some very very nice muscle from the US for undr 30K, 3K shipping and 25K for mods and paint, would be awesome if well chosen.

If you must build something from scratch then consider this:
  • super 7's are the easiest (I think) and perhaps also the most affordable
  • Classic Revivals do not need any more fabrication than other local kits, and in fact they need a good deal less than some
  • GT40's are coolest (also most $ and not so practical?)
  • if you want a roof (not a soft top) then its either customising a LeMans top ot suit your chosen kit's body, or a Daytona (or something else non-Shelby)

I find your criteria most interesting, as it represents a desire to construct something, and you think that something could be a Cobra. Most people know they want a Cobra, and then the build for some is a bonus, and for others a means to an end.

Choose the car you want, then worry about whether its build, buy, or modify.

If you just need to satisy a desire to construct, then go build something other than a car and save the rest of the money.