View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnips View Post
some useful info there. Yes I realise that there will need to be compromises and i'm not likely to get that list for that kind of money, but for some I can deal with it after the car is built in a couple of years down the track when the money comes. Also a lot of that list can be got on a cobra for that money. Peter (DRB) said his citric acid cobra with abs, aircon etc (all sourced from a wreck) ended up costing like 50-55k (if i recall correctly).

As for the comments of it wont ever get built, why not? Obviously i've never built a car and so don't know what i'm in for, but numerous manufacturers say their kits are designed for people just like me with next to no experience. Plus that was part of the point, to learn about this stuff as I build it. I may not currently have experience with this particular stuff, but I am quite capable of learning. What's worse having a go and failing or never trying? I've currently enrolled in a couple of car restoration courses and although most of it isn't likely to be directly useful, some might and hopefully it'll give me a better idea where I want to go.
I think that all of the restoration course will be invaluable...take lots of notes. Also even before you purchase anything, talk to a signatory engineer and discuss legalities and roadworthiness issues. It is good planning to be forewarned. There are many difficulties in the legal side.