View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic glass FIA289 tribute
Not Ranked     

Turnips,
The way I read this is you really have no idea of what a Cobra is, or you're someone else trying to start a controversial post.
I would suggest you do two things first:-
Buy a book on cobras and their history, then
Buy a plastic model and build it first so you can see what a cobra looks like in 3 dimensions.
All of your requirements are found in a cobra.
"My car requirements are as follows (I'll go into a bit more detail later)":
- daily driver -
no problems, just go to the gym to develop leg muscles for the stop go in peak hour traffic - or get an automatic?
- (relatively) comfortable -
depends on how much natural padding you have and how big your feet are.
- roof-
optional , but why get a convertible if you want a roof- wear a rain coat, the car wont rust.
- a/c-
all cobra's fitted with natural a/c - got to save the ozone layer.
- abs/traction control (preferable but not req)-
should be inbuilt in the driver already- practice will prevent loss of traction and brake lock ups.
- windows that work (if fitted)-
the windscreen does the job of stopping bugs hitting you in the face- so it's a working window.
- boot space enough for weekend trips-
pack lightly - leave room for the partners luggage/ or cases of wine you collect.
- not an old man's car/penis extension/overtly showy (like say the corvette stingray is)-
bit confusing - does this mean old men require penis extensions? I'm confused as I am 62 and my other car is a Holden Barina??????
- decent resale (not that I plan on selling it but circumstances change and it's always best to have something that sells for more if you have to)-
if it's well built and looked after then it will increase in value.
- Cheap (obviously :P)
If you find one let me know.
- easy to build-
Enrol yourself in TAFE in automotive mechanical course, spend a couple of thousand on tools- move all your cars out of the garage, say good bye to your spare time ( and probably family), find a good engineer and start priming him now, and if you live in NSW - give up now while you're ahead and buy one already registered.
Whatever you decide, I wish you luck and hopefully one day you will be able to see why this car is such a desirable one and what a priveledge it is to own one ,whether it is an original or replica.