View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Mate, don't let us discourage you. if you are patient and determined you will get there. You will need to set some realistic expectations of what you want.

I had some mechanical exparience when I started the project. I was a fair welder and could turn spanners pretty good but I've learned so much through the process that I'm now a quantum leap from where I started.

If you put your mind to learning the skills and invest in some tools and a space to work then those things will help you the rest of your days.

The level of support from the clubs and forum is terrific. I've made a bunch of good friends from messing with these cars and you can't put a value on that.

The Ausse kit manufacturers have come a long way in recent years. The quality has really stepped up. Of all the manufacturers I reckon you should seriously talk to Absolute Pace. Craig has brought a new level of professionalism to the industry. You cant go to far wrong with a Classic Revival, DRB or Harrison either. But I reckon Craig is working towards a more complete kit package like they do in the US.

Cheers