View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default Which Kit would you recommend?

I have built 3 cobras, the present one is a Ram SC UK with a backbone chassis designed by Reynard engineering, been on it almost 7 years, 4 of those years has been spent fixing the shockingly bad body and making all the hood, trunk and door hinges again in fact there isnt anything that was supplied that was worth using, the steering rack mounts were crooked etc etc. One front wheel was outside bodywork 1/2" the other inward 1.5" the only good part was the chassis.

My advice is go with a good quality kit that has parts like door panelling or more importantly the door shut trim etc sorted so you dont end up glassing up big gaps and misfits as this is very time consuming. Also good factory backup is important or the lack of it as I have found out with my last big decision.

Obviously if you can afford a Kirkham that would be great, ERA are very good, if you wanted to go quick at the track and still have a road car JBL motorsports have a superior chassis. I live in NZ and if I was to do another it would be one of the above. Dont know about FFR they now have a more accurate body now and good feedback/service.

The 1960's rocked!