View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlypersonl View Post
Dan,
Have you used your test light at the parking light connections? Are you getting a signal there?
I'm pretty sure I have Bob - I rtried about every combination of connections up there I could think of. But after thinking some more about it I plan to try again. If I can pick up power with my test light by stabbing into the connector in plug 27/54 it seems like I should have power at the light unless there is some sort of discontinuity in the wire between the two. I think I will try switching parking lights from side to side also.

Am I right that is should just be straight wire from connector 27/54 to the light terminal - no other connections or fuses to run through?

If so, I'm going to take a length of wire and stab the wire strands into the back of the green wire connection in connector 27/54 and run it all the way up to the light and connect it to the light with a spade terminal. If that works then apparently there must be some problem with the wire in the harness or with the termination at the light.

If that turns out to be the case, I guess I will open up the harness in the engine bay and using my test light, stab the green wire through the insulation and try to find a signal. Then splice in a new wire and re-wrap the harness.

First - I'll try finding power at the light on the green wire at the parking light and switching lights.