View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was planning on doing as much as i can myself, and have a bash at most things. Wasn't going to touch paint work unless I decide to do a plain colour (eg white). Anything metallic etc I wouldn't bother as i'd def want skill and a proper set up for, was hoping to get gel coat to at least postpone that for a bit as i've heard even a basic job can cost 5k and if you get fancy paint just the paint can cost upwards of 10.

Interesting to know that some of the Harrison bodies aren't put on straight. When speaking to him and peter both said their bodies and doors were all put on at the factory to ensure proper alignment etc. And the harrison daytona i saw half built didn't seem to have any problems, not that i was looking for them or even know what to look for, seriously what do you mean by the body needs lots of work?

Honestly part of the reason I was leaning toward Harrison was the daytona, there don't seem to be many local manufacturers so not much choice if I take that route. That and he's a real great and helpful guy, so if he has sold the business then that will warrant some serious investigating. How helpful/knowledgeable is the new guy etc etc.