View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydramada View Post
lal Naja,

Patrick's suggestion of running the LEDs only in the rear is the simplest solution. If you want to run all LEDs then order one of these:

Metric Bike Diode Kit | Flashers & Load Resistors | Car Bulb Installation Supplies | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

This diode will stop the dash indicator from receiving feedback energy from the system as a result of the much lower power consumption of the LED bulbs.
Thanks for this....

I figured that my problem was that the internal design of the direct replacement LED's for 1157 style bulb is back feeding voltage from the flasher mode into the tail light mode and braking mode into the tail light mode and that Diodes would correct this. I do not have the knowledge on how to select suitable diodes to do this, so the info you've provided is most helpful.