View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow, this is a very active and helpful forum, thank you for all the helpful responses.

After reading through what you all wrote I think I am leaning more towards buying a used car. It would not bother me knowing that I did not build the car myself, especially if it saves money. The only thing that would be difficult with buying used is finding the car that meets criteria of the correct engine, paint color, etc. that you are looking for. But I may just have to live with minor compromises. I think right now I am most interested in the ERA, Hurricane and FFR cobras but I am still doing research on all of them. If I did end up building I would strongly consider the Hurricane kit right now unless there is a persuasive reason against it.

Thank you for the link to the cobra country site, it is very useful in looking at what options are available in the used market. I am not very familiar with FE engines but it seems that a very large amount of the cobras owners prefer them. I know that is mainly because of originality. But originality aside how does FE engines compare in a best bang for your buck scenario? I mean if I was building I would not even rule out crazy options like dropping in a viper V-10 motor or a twin turbo charged 2JZ-GTE. Not sure if either of those set ups are possible though...

I think regardless that I definitely need to go and see some cobras in person, the "London Cobra Show" seems like it would be a good opportunity. And during that time I can keep building up the cobra fund. In the meantime let me know if there are any cobra owners in the KC area that wouldn't mind me coming by to look at their car.