View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A so far...
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the pics, Sundude! I didn't see those pics on the Simeone Foundation website! I was looking for bigger pics than the ones I saw on the events page.

Were you there Saturday? Hope so, it was an incredible event! I was actually down there for vacation when my daughter found out the Simeone Foundation was down there and it's crazy that the event was happening when I was there.

For those who were not there, it was really, at least for me, a once in a lifetime event since both cars were there.

Yes, both cars are displayed at the museum at present but at opposite sides of the museum in their respective displays BUT this this was a special event in that both cars were in the main presentation area and you could get up close, I mean see touch and smell the cars. I was shaking touching the Daytona. I got a load of up close pics, interior and even under car of the rear suspension. All the pics are on my phone. I'll make a separate thread when I get a chance. There are 5 autographs on the roof of the car including Carroll Shelby and Phil Hill. Phil Hill also signed in another place, a hidden area on the car.

They even started both cars inside the museum. Loved the smell of the exhaust! They didn't rev up the Ferrari so much but they did with the Daytona.

My daughter got the best seat in the house though. She was the only one besides the owner of the car and a couple of workers there that got to sit in the driver's seat of the Ferrari GTO. The wife of the owner asked us if she wanted to sit in the Ferrari for a pic since she was small. They were super nice. The owner of the Ferrari was very blessed in that he not only owns the Ferrari but also owned a Daytona Cobra at one point, I forget which one, I want to say something like CSX 2261? I have it on a video I took when they were giving the presentation. Dr. Simeone was really nice too, very easy to talk to.

Supposedly the Ferrari has an estimated worth of $50 million?!?!!?!?
Attached Images

Last edited by philbo427; 02-25-2013 at 06:35 AM..