View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpanten View Post
I keep my tires aired up and they do not suck. You clearly have no experience with the Mickey Thompson tires. They actually handle pretty good with air in them. Sorry your first gear is a waste but I assure you mine is not. Yes I can come off idle and from a slow roll in first, nail the gas and not spin. The front end feels like its about to come off the ground but it does not spin.

If you dont believe me your welcome to take it for a spin and I will show you the miracle that we call first gear.
I actually have quite a bit of experience with the mickeys, both the streets and the street radials.

Aired down a little with drag radials the car should hook up from a roll with 3.55s or higher. 4.10s no, unless they are heated up a lot (talking specifically for our sbf 427s). Off idle punching, it's going t spin.

Anyway, that got off tangent quick. I added my 2 cents and hopefully future readers use an ounce of common sense to figure out what is being discussed (specifically the definition of "useless" when referring to 450rwtq with 4.10s on the street, in first gear).

Last edited by itstock; 03-04-2013 at 07:42 PM..