View Single Post
Old 03-12-2002, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They say that first impressions are what counts and this is mine about Johnexx.

John from my experience with him from a customer standpoint is a ballbreaker.

When dealing with him on his "bad days" Ive termed them as Customer service with profanity at no extra cost.

Having a limited budget to construct the car - there was always a feeling of: OK what now ? hurry up Im busy and since your not my "A" list cu$tomer stop wasting my time.

Needless to say its a little dishearting and frustraiting when its a persons first kit.

Please keep in mind here I was not asking for handouts - just proper guidence since things for myself anyways didnt seem to fit all the time due to the fact that everyones car is a little different.

As I lament about my sobering experiences - I recall the pisspoor quality "custom headers" for my Windsor Jr. heads. craputaited directly from the Johnex garage.

The quality was like out of Grade 9 shop project. Tig ? Mig ? Is there a difference ?

First off the base plate thats to be bolted to the heads were warped (twisted ) - ( I suppose thats what a real thick gasket is for right?)

Inside the base plate the pipes conecting to them had weld blobs like there was a barnacle colony breeding at the entrances ( I guess I shouldve asked if grinding those blobs down was extra $$ )

Since not having a proper pipe bending machine was not an option @ Johnex - all the pipes had to be welded at the raduis. What I discoverd later with a bore scope INSIDE the pipes were yet more weld blobs along with unmelted wire as long as 3/4"from the Mig at all the joints ! ( I guess they never heard of a clean flow in a pipe before?)

Now is that impressive or what ?

Go on Take the Money and Run ! - as the song goes...

Buyer Beware.