View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     
Default Time to mount the doors.....Can anyone enlighten me, Please?

OK, it is time to mount the doors on my StreetBeast (please,no bad remarks, I know of all the troubles but I'm in too far now to care) and have run into a small problem. Looking at the build manual it shows the door hinge mounted to the front (engine) side of the upright. I tried this as a mock up and the hinge does not stick out very far in the door opening but will contact the door. I also tried it on the rear (cockpit) side of the upright and found the hinge sticks out further and actually ends up right at the crease in the front of the door. Now, it looks to me like the hinge would work in either position but I am wondering if anyone has "actually" mounted it to the rear side of the upright and if in fact id does work that way. I spoke with one other builder and here is his reply;
Quote:
Earl, It is the front side. I wanted it to be the back side because the doors would open alot more. Get you a pic as soon as I can.
Thanks for any help offered.
Earl