View Single Post
Old 03-13-2002, 12:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Jeff,
I already have a std. bore 427 SO block I want to use. No sleeves or nothing. I also own two pairs of Tunnel Port heads.
One set reportedly set up with a matched alum. intake for the Petty Enterprises. Interestingly enough, the heads were worked over by none other than old Smokey Yunick.

I definetely want to use these parts. I figured, due to the thin nature of the cylinder walls and that eventually they will get bored and rebored again, I don't want to bore them to start with any more than they need to be to clean it up. Maybe I will get lucky and they will clean up at .010 or less over.

When you say Central California, what city are you talking about?
Would he welcome a visit or a phone call? I don't want to impose on his time. I am all ears to any advice.Trying to do this right.
I am not trying to build THE motor that will be borderline of running at max HP and blowing up.

I am willing to settle for something a little less than that. Time is of no significance, since I already have an engine in the car and it runs great. This one will be to get it out of my system.

Chances are I will take your advice and stop short at 11 to 1 compression. I don't want to have to drive to Sears Point everytime I need gas.

I am beginning to see how crazy this could get. That is not my intent. I will be very happy at 600HP.

$20,000 looks like what it will take. At least I have spread this expense over a period of time and have bought some of the major components one at a time, earlier. This is why it won't hurt as much!

Thanks again.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 03-13-2002 at 01:29 AM..