View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
I agree the registry entry is hard to follow. I can't tell whether there are 2, 3 or more potential cars that might be 3016.

However, when you say that the title may have been changed from 3106 BACK to 3016, that seems to contradict the registry.

It talks about Bacon possibly buying the title to 3106 (while Mack bought the wreck of 3106 as a bill of sale). Then Bacon sells his wrecked car with the 3106 title to Park who notices the shock tower reads 3016 and has the title "corrected" to read 3016. The car is restored by Mike McCluskey and it seems that the car started off as a street car with CSX32xx or CSX33xx features. So the car in question is most likely neither 3106 nor 3016. Perhaps nobody knows what the real serial number is.

It would seem that the car in question was an original Shelby, but without having the title for whatever its real serial number might be, does it cease to be an original cobra?

This reminds me. Wasn't there a formerly original cobra that had its serial number completely obliterated and assigned a Kirkham serial number so it could be registered and titled?