View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
I noticed that also and it's hard to tell in the bearing/rod pics but are the caps on the correct way???? can't see the index tang in the cap.

Also---zoomed in on the pics of the marks on the cylinder walls and noticed that there are some very deep scratches in the wall result of a nasty hone job!!!!!!!!those deep marks as part of the hone crosshatch pattern shouldn't be there----------

Also-------can you post some pics of your rocker set up???? From your description , I don't believe I have ever seen a system for an FE like your describing it------
yes, they were in correct, the 743v bearing isn't chamfered enough for the FE's aftermarket crank fillet, they were in the correct half.

i was never pleased with the walls from the beginning, i had the heads off once before to install some thread inserts and i noticed them at that time.
they are all freshly honed now, so i'm told, when i drop the heads off for cleaning and some new springs i'm going to shoot some new pics.

the rocker system is like a Jesel setup, but to mount them you mill the rocker stand bosses off the heads to install a strap, which is held down by the heads bolts see below..........
then the rocker shaft girdle bolts to that, one mini rocker shaft per cylinder