View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Hersh,
The following are just some of the Australian companies making world class products:

Romac/Rollmaster products (harmonic balancers/double row 9 key timing chains/fully floating 9" hubs/mini & full spools)

Motec/Autronic/Haltech engine management products

PRO or CHI aftermarket cylinder .

The Aussie dollar is SO BAD at the moment that items like the Motec M48PRO ECU are super cheap for you guys. I've heard that they sell for nearly $5000- USD with loom and sensors - the same product can be bought over here for about $1800- USD!!!

I know the guys that run Romac, and there are similar discrepancies with the timing chains and balancers....

US parts are a different story. Most shops in Brisbane are getting about $1200- for the 850 Speed Demon (or the BG Silver Claw for that matter), $2500 for the heads, and I've never seen a bare / new 5.0L block for sale!

I did the sums when I imported my motor from California last year. I saved about 30% after duties/taxes by buying from the US. Similar savings were to be found on other parts I imported - tyres, superchargers, scattershield, Wilwood calipers & pedal box, anodised fittings, braided hose, fuel cell, MSD ignition parts, clutch and flywheel, 9" nodular case, Moser axles etc etc

If you do find ANYTHING you need, from engine parts to GT40 detail items, or just simply anything Australian - please let me know. I'll tell you what, here's a special deal..... All parts hand delivered from Brisbane to your home in Arizona for FREE (well, maybe as far as Phoenix Airport anyway ) Offer only valid in June