View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Keep in mind that any EFI system is actually two systems. The first is the actual hardware - TB's, manifold, linkage, etc.

I think the sensors should also be included in this catagory. You just bolt them on and go. No set up or adjustment needed.

The second part of the system is the ECU and software. This is where it can get tricky. How much of the work do you want to do yourself, and how much do you want to pay some one else to do? How much tuning and adjusting are you willing to do? Do you just want basic fuel control? Or all the bells and whistles? And what about ignition control- coil pack, wasted spark, COP?

Just like your desk top, the ECU can get pretty sophisticated and complicated. But they are also very powerful.

If I were buying and building again, I would call Wayne at Very Cool Parts for all the hardware.

Then I would install another Megasquirt ECU. The learning curve is steep. But the ECU is very powerful and a lot less expensive than similar products. I like the ability to custom build the system to my own needs.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto