View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison
Not Ranked     

Here you go " the other guys had great advice also
Here some advice from my experiences through the years .

#1 buy real material glasurit high build is the best period 285-81

Block car by hand Follow these steps
Block Block. Block. Block. Block. Block. Block block
Block. Block. Keep blocking. Block block. Block .

Take car outside and let the weather beat the snot out if it for a week. grab da sander to sand off the calicoes on your hands , put da sander away

Return to step one. Now by this time you are so sick of blocking you want to torch the car
Because you are now realizing what it takes to create the finish people drool over.

Okay your half way done . Call or hire body real body guy. Pay him for his time to
Feel your car and make comments . Drink yourself silly because real body guy just found
200 imperfections .

At this phase of the project wife and family even friends are starting to question your sanity.if your friends are coming over to see your progress but always show up in clean nice clothes and good shoes on , well that's a pretty good sign they are placing bets on your sanity and the quality of the finished vehicle . If they bring beer also that is a guarantee you are being used for there entertainment and possible financial gain.

Now when your wife aks you why she finds you having 2+ hour conversations with a chunk of fiberglass simply say" baby at this point I will do anything to finish this car and it seems to like when I talk to it and it loves to listen to AC/DC while we spend our days nights and weekends together. Perhaps you coud book that vacation you always wanted you and your mom to go on. This will allow at least another 60 hours of quality time blocking.

Also important If you have chosen a name for your car based on a past or present crush this would not be the time to share this information.

but get ready It's a sad day when your standing there going ,this will be the straightest sickest car ever, and real old schooler body man 20 plus years in the biz feels your car top to bottom and enlightens you to how much you still have left to do.

At this point it's best to start imagining color sanding and polishing " ohhh wait that sucks also
It's kinda like step one but you get to make the entire garage a beyond complete mess.

Better to start dreaming of cruising . A good indicator that you moving forward is the weight you loose and muscle mass in the upper body you build.

Best of luck to you I'm sure it will come out great .