View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
I don't understand what kind of validation you're wanting here.

I don't understand the extreme desire to see what your engine does at very low rpms. Actually, I'd like you to tell me why, because to everyone else, it just really doesn't matter unless you're towing a load. If you're cruising at that rpm, you're not at WOT. If you're at WOT throttle at rpm, you're just there for an instant. And again, WOT on the road is nowhere near WOT on a dyno!
Zacctly,your cruising in your Cobra in 5th gear pulling 2500 rpms, you come on a slower car and need to pass it, you can leave it in 5th and pass the car,depending on your engine,a Cobra is a light car and most likely will be fine,or if you need to pass the vehicle quicker, you simply down shift to a lower gear to multiply the available power output of the engine.....
Same thing happens when your driving your wife's car/mini van or what ever it happens to be,you stand on the gas and what happens, your automatic transmission will automatically down shift one or more gears depending on the load put on the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't down shift on a dyno, it has no transmission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David