View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: 31XX Car
Not Ranked     
Default 3016

labcars - I am sympathetic to your situation. The bottom line is significant evidence of the remains of the original car, along with affidavits and many witnesses provide overwhelming support for the unbroken history of it all the way back through Grossman. One long time Cobra aficionado in the Northeast even knew of the partial history for decades, but could never find where it went until the car was found and all the pieces came together.

The story provided to Ned years back that the car you own came from Grossman through Jim McCashin was debunked when Jim was contacted and said he never owned 3016. People involved with your car have said it was made from a car that used to be identified as 3106 until the real 3106 car/remains surfaced, at which point it was claimed that there was some kind of mistake and that your car was 3016. Lynn Park was even recently involved in communications where discussion of the real car being found was brought up and he had nothing to say. Just looking at configuration details of your car now doesn't reveal anything, as the people who have worked on it are quite knowledgeable and such attributes can easily be duplicated. A key aspect is that no valid traceability of any part or paperwork for your car has ever been shown to Cobra cognoscenti supporting the supposition that your car is related to the real 3016. I am sorry to hear that you have become involved in this situation and hope you can ultimately locate a buyer for what the car really is, which all indications and witnesses indicate is a late chassis number street 427 car.