View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

When I had my old car, before paint it looked a total mess: grey GRP body, yellow boot and doors, slightly tatty interior. Lots of people, mainly guys, would often want to talk to me, as they vaguely recognised the shape, didnt know what it was, but assumed it was a classic resto job.

One day in the winter the car broke down in a small retail parking lot, so while we waited for the recovery truck, me and my son went to McDonalds - i could also keep an eye on it from there.

I saw this old guy with his wife both hobble out of their car. As they walked toward the bed linen shop he eye-balled the car. As they came out the shop i could see his old lady tugging him toward his Civic. Clearly in trouble with his old lady, he put her in the car, shut her car door, and walked back. He'd decided he wasnt gonna rush while he had a good look at mine. Made us both smile while we drank coffee in the warm.

Funny thing was, once the car was painted ad looked great, lots of interest from guys with kit cars, but the general public mostly didnt talk to me.