View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

So here goes:\

I placed my order and presented my deposit with Larry Goins on April 20, 2013 and he assured me my chassis would be ready in approximately 5 weeks. I chose to go with the Stage 1 or 2 (not sure) kit which JBL provides all the parts and I do all the assembly.

Given that timeline I placed my order with Ford Racing the following Monday and to my surprice my 5.0 Coyote Engine arrive delivered to my garage on Friday. With my kit I ordered the valve cover and intake cover pkg, Starter, Alternator kit, Flywheel, Radiator Hose, and computer pkg. Total Cost was $8400. Plus, I received a real nice Invecta Chrongraph watch wich had a price tag on it of $355 as a gift. Actually a nice watch.

I also place my order with Summit Racing for the bits I knew I would need: External Fuel Pump, Fuel Regulator, An Fittings, Factory Ford Bolt kits for the Flywheel, Bellhousing, and starter. Total cost $335.00

The next order I place was with my friend Bob Lacy of Vintage Wheel for some authentic FIA Coupe wheels (18"x 10" rear and 18" X8.5" Fronts) and I had him paint the centers a wimbledon white. Included were the knock adaptors and spinners. Total cost to my door $2600.00

So now I need some sticky street tires so I go onto Tire Rack and found they had some 285/40 X18 Goodyear F1 Suprecar tires on sale for $159 each and some 255/35X18 Goodyear F1 Supercar tires on sale for $199 each. Plus with 4 tires Goodyear gave me an $80 Visa Card Rebate. Cool!

I needed a transmission so I logged onto Craigs list and the first thing that pops up is a Complete TR6060 6 speed out of a 2012 Mustang GT 500 with 4200 miles. I called the guy immediately and since he wouldn't take anything over the phone I had my daughter who lives in Plano get $2400 cash and take it to him. When I picked up the transmission the next day it came with everything: Flywheel, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Hyd Throwout Bearing, Shifter, Boot, and output flange for the driveshaft.

Following are a few pictures of my bits and pieces;

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"