View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

As I go through this build I will gladly answer any questions you may have regarding the build or my choice of parts or Kit Car Manufacturer.

Here is some advise for anyone that has never built a kit car before:

Get your contract exactly as you want it with dates and amounts. Most builders will ask for a good portion of the build as a down payment with the balance due on delivery. That's normal but never make your final payment until you receive every part you have been promised. It is also normal for certain delays so allow your builder some flexability but remember a builders promises are only as good as their actions. It is your money so protect yourself. Fortunately, most of those buillders I am referring to have fallen by the waste side. Those builders that remain in our hobby such as the Kirkhams, RCR, JBL, Superformance, Hurricane, Backdraft, Factory Five, ERA, and a few others are honest and want you happy and talking to your friends.

So why do I say this? I was a victim once before and I am very careful with my hard earned money. I also don't want someones dreams to become a nightmare. I would like our hobby to continue for a long time. We are some of the best people I have ever met. I have made so many friends through this hobby and I would expect you will too.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 05-19-2013 at 12:46 PM..