Thread: SB100 Question
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

It is not based on a darn thing other than it is not a production built/turnkey vehicle.

If it is newly built (from a kit) then you need to have your SB100 appointment number from the DMV, all of your receipts and the MSO from the kit manufacture. Note: the shop that built/assembled the kit can't have anything to do with installing the drive train, or the shop cant have anything on there website stating they are an installer for said manufacture,or it will shoot up a red flag.

If it is newly built (from a pieces "scratch built") then you need to have your SB100 appointment number from the DMV & all of your receipts.

If it was previously registered all you need is the current registration & the SB100 appointment number from the DMV.

You WILL be required to have a "CLOSED" pcv system or they will drop you on the spot.

Note: The number the DMV gives you is not the same number that you get from the SB100 inspection station.

It is actually a very simple process. You just have to have all of your paperwork correct and not try to buffalo them.

Note: they "WILL/MIGHT" try and trick you into answering a question that the manufacture builds turnkey cars. Just tell them "NO THEY ONLY BUILD KITS".

Last edited by tcrist; 05-24-2013 at 03:12 PM..