View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Neutral     

Depends on how much you're willing to change. I have a set of Wilwood hanging Pedals and a couple 7/8" master cylinders that would work if you want to go that route. Bought them for my build but couldn't use them in the original style foot boxes. I needed to go with a floor mounted pedal box in the end. Are yours floor mounted or overhead mounted?

If you just want to use the original equipment and change out the cylinders, check to see what bolt spacing they mount on and check to see if the Wilwood or Tilton (same bolt spacing) will fit your existing set up. Check the tech page for the different styles of master cylinders and it will give dimensions of the units including the bolt spacing.
There are many different styles to choose from.
The next thing is to check to see what bore your master cylinders are. Most are marked on the casting. If this fails, you will need some information like what diameter and the number of brake pots you have in the rear and the front and call Wilwood tech number. They will help you match up the bore size you need for your system. Then there will be a few miscellaneous parts like brake line adapters or fittings to fit them to your system. It really isn't that difficult once you see how it all goes together.

Unless you really want to, you really don't need to use any particular manufacturer as long as the mounting provisions are the same. Many of the older stuff is obsolete and can't be found anyway (as you found out), so it may be a good time to upgrade to readily available parts.

Do you have any pics of your existing pedal/cylinder set up now? It might help in recommending a particular style or part number of cylinder.

Bob