View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     
Default Been having a lot of trouble....

I want to offer a sincere apology to my customers for taking longer than quoted on some orders. I have 5 customers on here that I can count right now, and several on the FE forum that have been patiently waiting. I'm sorry, and I'm very thankful for your patience.

If you will allow me to offer up some sort of excuse, I will say that I've been having a horrible time getting parts....pistons....heads.....cranks, you name it. From what I've gathered, a lot of other builders have as well. I've talked to KC and BR here in the past few days and I'm getting the same response.

I don't know if manufacturers have geared down for the economy, or if the beginning of race season has put a hurt on things....or both.

It took me 13 weeks to get a set of pistons from Race-Tec. That's after it took me 4 weeks to get a screwed up set from JE.

I'm waiting on a set of bare TFS TW heads for Cliff Rosson....have been waiting for around 2 months now I think. Same with AFR.

Tried to order a set of FE pistons from Probe and was quoted about 2-3 weeks out. I've had great success with Diamond lately. Ordered 5 sets at a time, and with the exception of one ceramic coated set, I got them all within 4 weeks.

I'm trying guys. I really am. Believe me, I wanna get these engines out and get paid. I can't make money by sitting here looking at them.

Again, thanks for being patient, and I do offer my apologies.