View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I talked to Larry Goins yesterday and my chassis is still not finished but he tells me he should have it completed this week. All that is remaining is the bending of the roll cage and the "stitching of the body panels. After that we can drop the engine/transmission in and determine where to locate the motor mounts. Then we will pull the engine/Trans and send it to paint or powder coating (undecided at this time) because I am going to have the engine bay painted wimbeldon white like the original and the rest of the frame painted black.

The body is coming out of the mold today and so most of the fiberglass work has been done. I am sure that there will be a few other parts that will need to be made in the coming weeks such as the rear window frame, spoiler, and inner fenders. The good news is that by mid-June most of the components should be ready for assembly.

I have got most of the mechanical parts waiting for install so this build should go pretty quick (in relative terms). Of course Larry will need to have the shocks, A-Arms, Brakes, etc in stock when I am ready for the assembly. Many of those parts are Unique to the JBL construction. I am going with the adjustable sway bars and a removable side roll bar braces (the horizontal bars that go over the doors attaching to window hoop and the roof) since this Coupe will be used for street and an ocassional track day.

I am starting to get exicited but Mat Twiehaus' Competition Coupe has priority at this point since it's debut with be at the Mid America Shelby Meet. If you haven't seen some of his photo's check them out:

New JBL Coupe Build

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"