Old 06-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Fair enough Jay but let's make them more equal in equipment that SPF or ERA supply.

Please add the optional prices of:

Heater/Defroster

Limited slip differential

Wilwood or equivalent brakes

I will agree that BDR is still cheaper but not quite as much. I am sure there are numerous other differences, some that may be important to a buyer and some that may have no relevance to purchaser.

Final winner? The customer who buys what he likes and can afford, there is no wrong answer, just different answers to different questions.
Ah, Rick... if you were a fish you'd be the first one caught and in the freezer truck to the local Red Lobster.

The ERA is so tailored to the customer so not easy to draw any comparisons here. But if we want to "measure up" here and compare BDR roller to SPF roller it's a lot easier. Let's start with items the BDR includes in the base roller price that you will need if you intend to complete the car and drive it (of which are additional costs on an SPF roller):

- Battery
- Driveshaft
- Motor Mounts (complete connection from frame to block)
- Expansion Tank
- Oh yes TIRES!!!
- Seat Belts

I will let you assign your own value to these items.

Now wait a minute there's more, MORE I say:

- Standard 18" Knock Off Wheels
- No charge for painted stripes
- Polished Stainless Sidepipes with Heatshields

Now if you want to bespoken about and would like to add the following options (which 80% of customers do not find necessary) then here you go:

- 40% LSD option = $1,400
- Heater Kit = $550
- Wilwood Big Brake Kit (this is a 6 piston front, not a 4, etc.) = $3500

I continue to maintain the cars are not direct competitors, they are further apart now in price and the BDR is readily available. They do similar things in different ways and can make either owner incredibly happy. That's what's important at the end of it all.