View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default My Twopence worth

Go for it Mate !!. Any build diary is interesting and we can always learn something that can be applied to our own cars / race cars. If a part of it is to do with safety and rollover protection........ all the better.
I see lack of proper rollover protection and glass windscreens as a real issue on cobras in club level racing.
I put my Cobra around Lakeside a couple of weeks ago .....having walked away from a few accidents in single seater racing with good rollover protection, I was only too aware that if I got off the black stuff in a cobra.......things would get nasty real quick........especially at Lakeside with all the armco and banks etc.

I found I could not really commit too far, without the safety features that I would normally have in a proper race car. Just not worth it ! The confidence that comes with a properly equipped car will always be reflected in your track times as well.
Something with a full roll cage is the go, especially when guys like yourself are pushing road modified cobras pretty much to the limit.
Good Luck. Murray