View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
As I said seat belts ARE standard and supplied. The factory does not supply the tires, the dealer does. As the chassis' ship without wheels it would make no sense to provide tires from South Africa. The battery is part of the install/completion and again subject to the customers choice and purchase. As is the driveshaft which will vary with transmission used (TKO, Toploader, etc.)

The price comparison to Kirkham is a little skewed. Kirkham undoubtedly has one of the finest products on the market but the standard price point is without paint, unassembled, unwired, etc. That does not relate to the Superformance or Backdraft "rolling chassis" sales model. Add a good paint job, assembling and setting the suspension, installation of the seats and interior and everyone's favorite project.....wiring!!!

For the record the dealer does clip the seatbelts into the eyelets unless the buyer requests otherwise. Heck, I think even Patrick could do that job!
I just think of seatbelts, wheels/tires and batteries as being fairly run-of-the-mill standard stuff for a roller to come with. I wasn't trying to compare per se to a Kirkham.

I'm no genius, but a Kirkham is delivered as rolling chassis (with driveshaft and a whole bunch of other parts) and only an engine and trans are needed to drop in. That's how I bought mine. As for paint, the polishing option is now a $15,000 option, with brushed stripes extra, which is in the ball park for a "Pebble Beach" type paint job.