View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I think you've done an admirable job, but I'd agree with A-Snake, and remove the AC VIN tag. But that's just my humble opinion.
Well lads, I greatly appreciate your compliments. But Jim an Rod, as I absolutely respect both of your opinions, I respectfully disagree. I am not, nor would I ever be deceitful or devious. I have loved the little 289 since it first came out(yes I'm That old) but couldn't afford one then, and certainly not now. This car is a replica, as they are called now, a tribute car. I have not, nor would I ever present this as an original. A huge percentage and probably the majority of replica owners use Cobra badges, Shelby American and AC vin tags. That is why they sell them. Should they all remove them? Would they? I think not. Jim your request that I remove the AC tag is probably the best compliment that I could receive. But the resemblence is merely superficial. The car is plastic, the chassis is a Factory Five, the rearend is a straight 8.8 axle. Stevie Wonder would know this is not original.

Regards,

John