View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Early June 2013 status

Further progress and pictures from Saturday just past with the engine oil system now finalised.

I've run a remote filter set up and an oil cooler and made all the connections in -10 braid and nice black fittings as follows:

Nose view of the plumbing finished look

And the oil cooler

And the bulkhead fittings to make the transition on either side past the radiator - engine bay side

And through to nose side exit

Remote filter location is on the passenger footwell wall

And some of the braided snake action in the engine bay

It's taken a while but I have been taking my time trying to get it right. But even so tight clearances have challenged me on a few occasions.

I have to thank Marty for his experience and resourcefulness though with Marty making up a bit of a special tool for me to be able to properly tighten the bulkhead fittings in that cramped space beside the radiator.

I have to also curse whomever it was that first posted the nice photos of their engine bay with black fittings as it was that look that headed me down that track. But it means I will have to later replace some existing red-blue fittings - ah well it's only money!

In further hindsight, I'd have also likely used that nice black material coated hose in place of the braid too but its definitely too late for that change now.

My next adventures will be on trying to get my clutch to work properly. The hydraulic set up we installed has left a clutch pedal that requires the user to be able to leg press 200 kgs I reckon.

I will do a separate thread chasing feedback on this one as it needs to be fixed.

Enjoy the photos above until my next instalment.

Cheers

Slo