View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

Just tonight I discussed "What if I sold my Cobra?" with my wife. I bought my Cobra used with 1,700 miles and wondered why so many Cobras are for sale so soon. I expect to have 11,000 miles on my Cobra by the end of summer after 3.5 years of ownership. I've autocrossed and been on a race track at 130 MPH with my Cobra. Why would I sell? I explained there was no reason to sell to buy a different specialty car because anything else would not measure up. Hey, I could always buy another Cobra! If I'm not driving the Cobra, I'm selling. In the Pacific Northwest from October to April, you aren't driving your Cobra. I agree with what has been said, guys that don't build (and buy a roller) decide they want every special feature in their new baby. After a year they either realize their wife won't go or they don't know how to press gently on the gas and when they jam their foot on the gas they almost die. A near death experience in a Cobra is all too frequent. My Cobra is the reason I retired at 60, thank you very much! Since I am not a bow-tie guy I'll never have a Corvette. The best explanation for short ownership is "Corvette" person buys a beast. As said earlier, buy used and enjoy it. If it don't work out, sell and you might break even. Let's see you do that in a Corvette! For sure, don't miss the opportunity to own a Cobra! You will NEVER regret it!