View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Snake View Post
David, It might just be the way you approached the owners and ask the question.

Several times I've been told about a Cobra that was at a show in the area and asked if I know the car. I explain it was a replica and with some disbelief the reply is, "No, the guy said it was real."
Could be ,but I never approach a vehicle/owner and the first words out of my mouth are: "Is it real?" to some,that is somewhat insulting,be it a Cobra or Shelby Mustang and I'm more respectful to the owner than that..

I look at the car and if the owner is there, I say something like: "Nice car" or " I really like your car" and while looking at it, look for the manufacters ID plate or something that would tell me what make it is...or I'm looking on the footbox for the CSX #.....

There are some makes/models I don't care for but I ALWAYS tell the owner "Nice car" whether I like it or not, it's his/her car and they built it the way they wanted to please themselves and I respect that......

I have a 66 GT350 clone/tribute/replica/etc. whatever you want to call it and I've literally been cursed and told how I ruined a perfectly good Fastback to make it into something it can never be...to each his own, I didn't let it bother me......

David