View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:52 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxRider View Post
Ok this is one of two questions that I've wanted to ask for some years now. I use to be a member of SAAC over 25 yeaars ago and it was during that time I would ask this question. Now with more replicas on the market and being out in Cali driving a real S/C model it does get a bit bothersome.

Guys with original Cobras(either 289 or 427) how many times do you get asked is it a real Cobra, a kit or replica by guys that have no or little clue...and does that bother you?
As a long time member of SAAC (30+ years),

When I've had the pleasure to drive an original CSX2000 or CSX3000 series car, I am proud to let anyone who asks know yes, it is an original.

When I have the pleasure of driving the CSX4000 and up "continuation series" cars, again I am proud to let people who ask know it is a continuation series Cobra not produced in the 60's.

When I have the pleasure of driving a Cobra replica, again I proudly let people know it is indeed a replica and if they ask further let them know which brand it is.

Either you enjoy driving the car(s) or you do not. If you do drive them, you can expect to grab a higher than normal amount of attention by doing so. If you cannot mentally handle that, then perhaps selling it and buying a Prius would suit your current temperament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
I get slightly bent when somebody asks if one of my watches is a fake.
Are they?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS