View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Puckett 250 GTO - LS1
Not Ranked     
Default TAFE course - Vehicle Restoration

For those who might be interested there is a course available at St George TAFE (NSW) which allows you access to a fully equipped workshop to do your own thing. There is expert advice available on how to make or restore panels if needed.

It now runs for 3 hours every Tuesday night and there is a new intake starting in July. Cost has gone up a fair bit thanks to Barry O'Farrell and they are somewhat desperate for numbers to keep the course running... my own project will be left high and dry if they pull the pin. I make up plugs/bucks to the shape I want and then make a fibreglass mould before producing the final fibreglass panel. Call the Head of panelbeating (9598 6323) and ask about Vehicle Restoration.

The chap running it certainly knows his stuff. He builds cars for movies, eg. Mad Max, The Great Gatsby... by the way the Duesenberg in the film is a Ford F150 with recreated Doozy panels! Here are some other examples of his work and web site Videos | Natoli Panel Creations Check out the videos

PLEASE come and join us.

Just think, you could knock up an alloy Cobra or one of these up before Christmas.