View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

I know what you're saying. Part of me wanted to fill in the roll bar and side pipe holes, remove the hood scoop, fit AC badges, pin drive wheels and make it a classic street Cobra style (rather than the 427S/C look).

Then I thought about going balls-out as I have a big block Ford engine and a rebuilt toploader 4sp that I was also thinking about installing with some barely muffled sidepipes.

Then I started driving it to work every day for the last little while and fell in love with it just as it is. It sounds good, doesn't get hot in traffic, starts first time, only needs the choke on for about 20 seconds before it idles perfectly regardless of how cold the winter temp is outside, and it makes me smile every time I get in it. Even the most mundane drive to work is fun when you can hear the burble through the gears and blip the throttle on the downshift to hear the solid roller lifters clicking away with their unique sound. You don't have to go fast in a Cobra to be having fun

The more I think about this car and about the price I advertised it for, the more I think I should keep it. I need to be sensible though and allow someone else the chance to own this unique car as I have something else on the go and owning 6 cars is just getting a bit impractical. As others have seen before in the past, I like to price cars reasonably so they will sell quickly and I'm confident my Cobra will sell shortly after I return from holidays.

Interstate guys, call me odd, but I'll probably be kicking myself about selling the car by seeing it turn up to the Qld Cobra Club monthly breakfasts, so I'll work with you to throw in a sweetener to overcome the distance for you.