View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Bernie, I share your sentiments re the tone of some of the replies but the listing on carsales clearly states "1965 AC Cobra" and in several places refers to "1968 legally registered". If you click through the other 50 Cobras on carsales they all state the true year in the title of the listing, eg, 1996, 2010, 2011.

This whole idea of using "1968 legally registered" or "1965 titled car" is an attempt to attribute higher status and therefore value to the car and I don't care whether "those in the know should know better", it is a misrepresentation of the truth.

At the end of the day someone may decide there is 50k value in this Arntz, and good luck with the sale Soulman, but let's not discourage open discussion or we'll end up like North Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
I would respectfully ask that unless you are a potential buyer you guys keep out of this thread.

Regardless of how the seller has advertised his or her car, I think arguing or challenging when a PM option on this site, or phone call to the owner will answer every question.

This car will find a new owner in Australia and unless you are considering shipping it back to the USA why buy into this Thread in this way.

A Cobra for sale that has quite a history and a Vehicle Identification number that has been allocated in Australia - interestingly has CSX.... in its VIN tag, is not for one moment being passed off as a CSX car that is on a SAAC register.

I am sure Nedsel the keeper of the registry would have chimed in.

Not to mention the line up of buyers if this car was a Shelby CSX numbered car for sale at the price asked...

So to my point - guys lets respect each other a bit and dont get into a discussion that has overtones or straight out accusations of backyard car salesman or Tinmen.

And good luck on the possible sale I am sure the new owner will do their own vehicle registry checks and due diligence. Our Victorian - Roads authority - read DMV - supply full Registration paper, Notices of Acquisition, Notice of Disposal and full Police data base and Victorian - Roads checks.

So rest assured the only one being caught here is the buyer who will be paying Stamp Duty.

Again I would ask that this type of comment above be kept of the forum. It is achieving little.

Bernie