View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
Bernie, I share your sentiments re the tone of some of the replies but the listing on carsales clearly states "1965 AC Cobra" and in several places refers to "1968 legally registered". If you click through the other 50 Cobras on carsales they all state the true year in the title of the listing, eg, 1996, 2010, 2011.

This whole idea of using "1968 legally registered" or "1965 titled car" is an attempt to attribute higher status and therefore value to the car and I don't care whether "those in the know should know better", it is a misrepresentation of the truth.

At the end of the day someone may decide there is 50k value in this Arntz, and good luck with the sale Soulman, but let's not discourage open discussion or we'll end up like North Korea.

Sambo,

Nothing so sinister happening,

If you get onto Carsales the only option for AC Cobra is 1965 and the jumps to 1980 from memory!
Once you hit the 65 year, along comes that particular info relating to a 65!

One would have pretty stupid to think someone could fool any one into believing its a 65.

So ... Given its 68 plated .... 1965 is a lot closer than 1980.

As far as higher status.... My car is what it is.

Gotta love forums!

Soul.