View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post

I've been riding for 3 months now. I'm doing on average about 70-80Km a week which probably doesn't seem like much to you regular cyclists but it's a lot more than I'd ever done even riding as a teenager.

I've dropped about 5KG and I'm wearing jeans I haven't fit into for ages so I'm feeling pretty happy with myself. I track my times and speeds riding to work with a phone app and I'm still seeing steady improvement. This sure helps with the motivation.

Unfortunately the bicycles are proving to be a bit addictive and I picked up a mountain bike today. It'll be better for the dirt trails near home when I'm riding with my daughter.
1. 80km a week in winter is a great effort in my books.
2. Congrats on the jean wearing thing...
3. You're addicted, and thats ok, you don't need to use your daughter as an excuse.

4. The rule for the number of bikes you should own is the same as for cars: (n+1) where plus "n" is the number of bikes (or cars) you currently have.

Ps: I'm booked in for 2013 around the bay (210km), I really need to clock up a few kms in my legs, so if anyone is keen for ride shoot me a PM.