View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Replica, 5.0 Supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default d4's PACE 427 Build Thread

It’s a slow day at work today so I thought it was time to start my Build Thread.
Here’s where I’m at with the Build of my PACE 427
The crew at AP have started laying up the Boot, Bonnet inner Skin and Hoop Scoop.
I have also upgraded the body to the 427-S which adds more carbon and reduces the weight by about 22% from the standard 427.
The extra Carbon should look Spectacular underneath and I may leave the under body un-painted?
My Chassis is #16 and it should be starting soon.

So far I have following parts.
1. Gearbox TKO600 with Centre Shift Kit, bell housing and clutch & pressure plate
1. Rego plate
Not much of a list I know, but most of other parts will come with the Comprehensive Kit supplied by AP.

I have an Engineer reviewing the test reports and soon we will be sitting down to plan the build.

I’ve been hunting around for a EFI 351 Windsor from the mid 90’s and have found a few different suppliers.
Some engines come from the USA as dead motors and the workshop does a bottom end rebuild others supply them as is.
I still have plenty of time to find an engine and a few pop up on FleeBay & Gumtree from time to time.
Any info regarding to EFI 351’s for sale, modifying etc, please PM me or add comments to this Thread. Last time I rebuilt and engine was 20 + plus ago so I need to come back up to speed!

If all goes to plan I should have the car on the road around the end of 2014,2015,2016…………….