View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Munroe View Post

At the time Bob was concerned the hose would abrade on the ant-roll bar, but the hose looks perfect, no abrasion on anything, about 12,000 miles in service.

The only reason I am replacing hoses is due to age...probably would have reused this one except I cut it to get it off when I pulled the radiator for the engine rebuild.
I had the same concern with my S/C. My (crude) fix was to cut a rectangle of stainless (or ally) sheet, about the size of a credit card, curve it to match the hose and zip tie it to the hose where the steering shaft touched the hose.
Where the anti-roll bar touched I did the same thing but with a rectangle of thin vinyl-type material (think cheap floor mat) also zipped to either the bar or hose (can't remember).
Worked for decades...
And I gotta think if you find an old-time parts store and go through their entire hose hangings, you'll find that cirlicue.
Failing all that-how about bending a hard pipe section (like a header shop) and just use short hose connectors-sorta like your upper hose??