View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, '97 5.0L
Not Ranked     
Default Options for title/registration in Ohio without Cert. of Origin

I purchased the major components of a Classic Roadster Cobra kit (body & frame) and am well on the way to piecing the rest of the car together. I started researching the title process in Ohio, and it seems that I may be missing some of the necessary documentation, namely the Manufacturer Certificate of Origin. I do have a copy of the original invoice from Classic to the original buyer, but only a photocopy, not the original.

It turns out that I am the 4th owner of this "kit", but using the info on the original invoice, I was able to contact the original buyer. He says that he never received a Certificate or Origin from Classic because he only purchased stage 1 and 2, but lost interest in the project before buying the final stage of the kit.

Since Classic is no longer around and there is no apparent way to get a Cert. of Origin, what options do I have for getting a VIN and title for this car? Since it was never a complete kit, can it somehow be classified as a random collection of individual parts, thus not needing a Cert. of Origin?

Any advice or information is GREATLY appreciate.
Thanks,
Steve