Thread: Surge Tank
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"Don't like what us greedy vendors are getting for parts? Put YOUR money in tooling and deal with the public and then post. Rant over."

I have more money in equipment than any sane person should ever have. $15k in tooling ? How about 1/2 m in equipment that sometimes sits for 11 months out of the year? I don't get to rip the customer to try and recoup for a not so bright investment. I fully understand that it takes hundreds of hours to develop a design sometimes more. That doesn't mean you can try and make it all back in a couple transactions. If it was a bad decision going in, then you shouldn't be trying to make it all back at somebody else expense. There's an old saying about any sale is better than no sale. I've dropped hourly rates by as much as %35 percent just to try and get back to zero. I'll trade you stupid decisions and losses any day of the week.

Back on the subject of the tank. The basic components are the same whether left or right. There's literally thousands of the left hand tanks, maybe more. Do you really mean to try and justify because that the outlet is soldered to the other end it makes the value nearly double? Really??