View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Exclamation ATTN! Taking requests for old classifieds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcocsx3121 View Post
If I felt like going back through my old bank statements, I could probably nail down the exact date. The buyer was a Mr. Dave Ruocco, the owner of Rockland Medilabs. Dave already owned a (slightly scruffy) 427 Cobra, and after seeing ours at a Cobra Club meet at our home in New Jersey in the summer of 1975, informed me that he had to have it. Not being too motivated to sell, I threw a figure at him that I thought would make him barf. I added insult to injury by telling him that I wanted an additional $2k for my spares, which consisted of a 3.31 rear, an extra 9-1/2" Halibrand, and a new 427 bare block. He showed up with $25k in hundreds in an attache case. My wife was crying as the car rolled out of our driveway for the last time.

Definitely September 1975.

BTW, Dave sold the car in 1989 to a Mr. Petkus of Chicago for $395k.

You always could have done better lol, I think you could have bled another $1k out of him for those spares! You'd need to have some amazing foresight to turn down $25k in cash in 75. Though your wife was crying you must have been grinning for weeks, for sure your smile must have faded since, certainly by 1989, but at least you didn't put an ad in the Chicago Tribune back in March 1951, advertising your Duesenberg J Convertible for $750.

ATTENTION:

I've decided that I will upload a good cross-section of my cobra ads, which go all the way back to the 60s. Any specific requests? Just try me! I have 20 old ads for 260's, over 650 for 289's, over 400 for 427's and 8 for the Daytona. I think 2 for the Lonestar. Included among these are King Cobra, Dragonsnakes, Team cars, S/C and full comp 427s and yes, even the controversial Mercer 289!

Also have countless ads for Shelby mustangs, among them 65's (including a good number for the GT350R), 66 GT350 CONV, etc. Plus over 90 GT40 ads. BTW no replicas, repros, kits or tributes are included in these numbers!
Also have ads for just about every other classic car you can name!

Post requests here, and once I get a decent amount I'll upload them to a new gallery. Be sure to include which point in time your interested in as well as the car.

Greg

Last edited by bannishg; 07-19-2013 at 06:21 PM..