View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Daytona Coupe CSX9126/427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Responding in order:

vspeeds-Appreciate your interest. Car is being finished professionally so not much for us to do but sweat it out and wait. Your offer is well received and it's certainly nice to know that one of my local townies is ready and willing to lend a hand. I am on board when your turn comes and we will get it done my friend. Thanks.

fordracing65-Love the comment. Cracked me up so thank you, thank you.

Tony-Is that the preferred way to do it. I admit to a certain lack of computer savvy so....I'd need some coaching to accomplish that. If it's needed I'm willing to learn. I also can't seem to arrange the photos I've put in my album(where you click my camera icon above)so that they appear in chronological order. There has to be a way, doesn't there?

Duane-Thanks for the props on the color..it took a good bit of mental wrangling on my part to finally decide on that combo. You used the word stealth and that's the word I was using along with the word sinister to drive how in my mind I hoped to have the car look. I was also stubbornly resistant to paying a ridiculous upcharge to basically rinse out their gun and lines to apply a color outside of the stock choices. This is the result and I'm quite pleased with it. The stealthy/sinister look is there..and it is different. I'm told this is the only 9000 series car done in this combo to date. I think that's pretty cool too. I went to last Sat. breakfast in Folsom riding shotgun with Brian, who is my neighbor, and met Maurice and Steve and others whose names now escape me so I've started to get involved. We'll definitely meet soon. Motor is already built, a Dart block 427 Windsor stroker, Holley carbureted, built locally by Tom Lucas at FE Specialties, Citrus Heights. I want to post a couple photos of it but the ones I have are too big a file size. Pursuant to above comment about manipulating and posting photos, I need to also learn how to adjust file size down. Per the motor see my last entry in next post for more info.

Last edited by Pliskin; 09-06-2013 at 05:47 PM..