View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Daytona Coupe CSX9126/427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Tuto-Thanks very much. Orderered the wider set of standard 18 inchers, 11" wide rears. Tires will be Nitto's, 295's rear. The brake rotor size on the 9000 series does not allow, say, 15's and Billboards, without retrofitting to smaller dia. discs. I always like the "steamroller" look on any Cobra or really any performance car. I'm a big fan of 60's Pro Street cars as well...muscle cars on steroids. But that's drag style...this Daytona will carve a corner like those cars could never hope to do.

NEW UPDATE: Motor finally had some dyno time today. I will be there tomorrow a.m. to witness the final pulls, take photos and perhaps some video of the event. Builder did initial jet and tune work today and gave me a call. He has always expected this motor, configured as I had wanted with a big old school Holley, an HP Ultra Aluminum 850, to produce about 575 horses, which I would have been quite satisfied with. I think he was shocked from what he said to me that our 427 stroker showed him 611 ponies at 6300 rpm and 584 lb. ft. of torque at 4700! Pretty stout. Can't wait to hear it howl tomorrow. I like good news, lol.

Last edited by Pliskin; 09-06-2013 at 05:48 PM..